Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The manuscript has not been previously published, is not before another journal for consideration; nor will it be until after the such time the manuscript has either been withdrawn from further consideration or it has been decided that the manuscript will not be published in the JSWEP or an explanation has been provided to the Editor.
- The submission file is in Microsoft Word format with a common typeface used, such as Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, or Times in 12 points, and the pages are consecutively numbered. Figures and tables must be placed where it is intended to be and not at the end of the article.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The manuscript is original, and neither it nor any illustration, or any part thereof, are in any way in violation of any existing original or derivative copyright.
- The author(s) hereby agree that the submission adheres to JSWEP policies on Authorship, declaring Conflicts of Interest, Research Ethics and Informed Consent, Acknowledgements and Funding.
- The manuscript follows the general structure and specific instructions pertaining to the applicable submission type as outlined in JSWEP’s Author Guidelines, and when applicable, the appropriate reporting guideline has been followed.
References have been formatted according to the reference style outlined by the American Psychological Association (APA), also referred to as “APA Style 7th edition”, and
Have been checked for accuracy and completeness.
Are numbered consecutively in the order they are cited in the text; all listed references have been cited in the text.
All in-text citations follow the APA 7th edition.
- A title page, that includes all required details as outlined in the Author Guidelines, is provided as the first page of the manuscript file.
- A cover letter, that contains ALL required details as outlined in the Author Guidelines, including the names and contact details of three potential reviewers, is provided in separate file from the manuscript. Failure to include a cover letter with your submission may result in automatic rejection of your manuscript.
- Authors ensured that their papers were free of spelling and grammatical errors and typos.
- Research papers should not exceed 6,000 words and 15 pages. (Please note that the word count includes everything in the main body of the text, and the reference part is not included in the word count.)
Investigations and original research that represent new and significant contributions and advances to the field. Includes clinical trials.
Maximum Word Count: 4,000 words and 12 pages. (Please note that the word count includes everything in the main body of the article text, and the reference part is not included in the word count).
Maximum of 3 tables/figures and a 40-reference limit.
The Journal features a tripartite classification of reviews, namely narrative reviews, systematic reviews, and meta-analyses, that are published in accordance with the highest academic standards. Non-systematic reviews are not considered for publication in this journal.
Narrative reviews are usually commissioned and serve to collate and integrate current knowledge pertaining to a particular subject. The authors of such reviews are expected to evince a comprehensive understanding of the relevant literature and offer guidance to readers on how to implement the existing evidence in clinical practice.
Systematic reviews, including meta-analyses, should concentrate on a particular clinical subject and conform to accepted methodologies. Such reviews must adhere to rigorous standards, including but not limited to predefined inclusion and exclusion criteria, comprehensive search strategies, and appraisal of study quality, to ensure that the results are reliable and valid.
Maximum Word Count: 4500 words (Maximum of four tables/figures and an 80-reference limit.)
Letters to Editor
JSWEP welcomes letters with constructive analysis/criticism on previously published articles to be submitted within one month of online publication. Editors may invite a reply. Letters on other relevant issues are considered, but not new data without peer review. JSWEP fosters an open exchange of ideas to advance social work.
Maximum Word Count: 500 words (Should not have tables or figures, and no more than five references)
The Journal invites recognized experts to provide editorial comments on articles published in the same issue. Such submissions should offer informed insights, rigorous analysis, and a fresh perspective on the topic at hand. By facilitating expert commentary, the Journal fosters an intellectual community that advances knowledge and promotes excellence in scholarship.
Maximum Word Count: 1500 words (Maximum of two tables/figures and a 10-reference limit.)
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.